- No events listed
Giving U.S. Business a Voice in the Asia-Pacific
The National Center for APEC is dedicated to the proposition that business must have a voice in the development of policies that impact the economies of the Asia-Pacific region. The Center is the only U.S. business association focused exclusively on facilitating American private sector input into Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) process.
ABOUT the NATIONAL CENTER FOR APEC
The U.S. National Center for Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) is the only U.S. business association focused exclusively on facilitating American private sector input to the APEC process. Representatives of the Center often serve on official U.S. delegations to APEC meetings, capitalizing on the Center's excellent working relationships with U.S. government agencies as well as with business and government representatives from APEC's 21 member countries. Our programs are characterized by robust, candid discussions between business, government and academia on key trade and economic policy topics in the Asia-Pacific region. National Center membership is limited to U.S. corporations. The National Center also functions as a conduit for U.S. businesses into APEC by serving as the Secretariat for the three U.S. executives who are appointed members of the APEC Business Advisory Council.
"To stimulate and facilitate U.S. private sector engagement in APEC, and to communicate private sector APEC priorities at home and abroad."
To fulfill its mission, the National Center:
- Develops and advocates U.S. business priorities designed to expand trade and investment between countries in the Pacific Rim;
- Represents the U.S. business community in APEC fora;
- Communicates U.S. business priorities in APEC to the U.S. government and the general public;
- Provides a forum for private sector dialogue with government;
- Serves as Secretariat to the U.S. ABAC members;
- Chairs the U.S. APEC Business Coalition to coordinate business support for APEC-related events and activities throughout the year;
- Preserves institutional knowledge private sector participation in the APEC process.
NCAPEC'S Core Values
- Business focus
- Member driven
- Substance and dialogue in programs and projects
- Cultivation of relationships as the key to success